What thoughts come to mind when you see, smell or think of roses?
Do thoughts of an evening under the stars with that special someone come to mind? A bouquet of roses that symbolize love and affection? Or even the fresh smell of roses that are full of life and color?
Whatever thoughts come to mind, roses are known as the flower of love and affection, two emotions that feed and nourish everyone’s heart.
Roses and Tea
So what do roses have to do with tea and why would Tea Time in Cayman choose to include rose petals in their Silhouette tea? Simply, roses are good for our body, minds and souls.
According to Health Mad, there are ten reasons how rose tea may help your health:
- It clears toxins and heat from the body. As a result it has a cooling effect on the body.
- It can relieve from sore throat, runny nose and blocked bronchial tubes.
- It is useful to those prone to chest problems by fighting against infections.
- It helps fight infection in the digestive tract & re-establish the normal bacterial population of the intestines.
- It relieves fluid retention and hastens the elimination of wastes through kidneys.
- It is a wonderful remedy for dysentery, diarrhea and gastro enteritis.
- It is a laxative. It works as a remedy for all liver problems including sluggishness and constipation.
- It cleanses the liver and gall bladder and promotes bile flow.
- Rose petal tea can be used to relieve uterine congestion causing pain and heavy periods. It is an excellent remedy for irregular periods and infertility.
- It has an uplifting effect on the nervous system and can relieve insomnia, depression and fatigue.
The health benefits of roses go way beyond it’s aromatic and emotional benefits. Roses literally can make our bodies functional, healthy and whole.
And I don’t know about you, but I want that!
Roses and Oolong Tea
Tea Time in Cayman chose oolong tea leaves to compliment the rose petals in their Silhouette tea. According to WebMD, oolong tea is made from the same plant (Camellia sinensis) that green tea and black tea are. The only difference is that oolong tea is partially fermented, while black tea is full fermented and green tea is unfermented.
Oolong tea does contain caffeine, but may provide many great health benefits to the body. These include:
- Sharpen thinking skills, improve mental alertness and boost the immune system
- Prevent/treat tooth decay, osteoporosis, heart disease, obesity, skin allergies, and high cholesterol
- Detoxification and metabolism boosting
Therefore, with the many health benefits of both rose and oolong tea, Tea Time’s Silhouette tea is definitely one we all should add to our regular health regime and tea parties!
My Experience with the Tea
There are a few things that really struck me about the Silhouette tea – how it looked, how it smelled and how it tasted.
- Look: The pink roses makes the tea once steeped looks like rose petals in a garden, making you just want to stare at its beauty.
- Smell: Pretty obvious, but it smells like roses! And whenever I smell a rose or get roses, I feel loved, appreciated, and honestly, beautiful.
Roses represent beauty to me, so to be given roses or to smell them make me feel like an elegant, beautiful woman. And lucky for me, I actually just got roses for my birthday AND the rose essential oil and let me tell you, I feel precious, joyful and pretty right about now 🙂
- Taste: I don’t think I’ve ever tasted roses before but, this tea tastes pure, clean and refreshing. I’ve drank a lot of this tea at work during the afternoons for a natural pick-me-up and as a refreshing drink.
This tea is definitely one of my favorite from Tea Time in Cayman and one I will definitely drink often 🙂
Inspired by Silhouette
This tea is inspired by Robi Bodden, owner of Silhouette, a lingerie and sleepwear store located in Camana Bay, in Grand Cayman.
Since oolong tea is known for its detoxifying and metabolism boosting properties and roses represent romance, love, and affection, it was only fitting to combine oolong and rose together to create a tea to go along with Silhouette’s bed-time attire!
For more on Silhouette’s store and products ->>CLICK HERE<<.
Experience the Smell and Taste of Roses Yourself
It’s one thing for me to talk about this amazing tea, but it’s another thing for you to try it for yourself!
And as always, be sure to comment below on what you think of this post and how your tea experience was!
P.S. If you are a fan of natural drinks, foods and products, be sure to sign up for my newsletter where I share recipes, products and services designed to help you live your healthiest life possible, as natural as possible! You’ll receive 5 of my Favorite Recipes and access to my Restart Your Healthy Community Facebook Group right when you sign up! >>SIGN UP HERE<<