In order to truly pursue and thrive in your purpose, you need to promote it.
What I mean by this is that if you feel like you are called to do something and fulfill a certain purpose, letting others know about that purpose will not only help you fulfill that purpose, it will invite others into joining you on the journey.
For me, when I first knew I wanted to start my own business and become a health coach, I was so excited about it and eager to start that I shared with those closest to me what I wanted to do. They encouraged me, gave me guidance, and held me accountable to moving forward in that dream.
Fast forward to a year later, I was half way through my health coaching certification and could officially start to see clients. At the time, I had a blog and had started building up an audience who enjoyed the personal journey, tips, recipes and other health and wellness related posts that I made.
However, I knew that if I wanted to transform my blog into a business, I had to be intentional with my time and efforts. So over the course of time, I started to practice the four tips I am sharing with you today and started to authentically promote and share what I was up to in Made Well.
Through consistently implementing these four strategies, I am now working full time with my coaching business as a health, business and purpose coach, and am able to help other women also pursue their purpose and dreams.
1. ESTABLISH PRESENCE: When it comes to sharing and promoting your purpose, you must work on establishing a presence or getting what we call in the online entrepreneur world, “visible.” All this simply means is that you are establishing who you are and what you are doing among those you are either trying to serve or among those who you wish to partner with.
Over the course of starting my business, I’ve been establishing a presence through a variety of ways – both online and offline. Online, I set up a few social media accounts to start with (a Facebook Page and Instagram) and started to post value-based content (content that would simply provide value to my audience). Eventually, I started to post promotional content (content that promoted my coaching services) and started to invite people to coaching with me.
Offline, I hosted workshops and classes centered around a variety of health topics that would provide value to my audience and those that attended, but also provide the space to establish my brand and presence in the community as well as build relationships with my audience/target market.
Establishing presence will look different for each person, depending on the purpose they are pursuing or what they feel called to. So the best thing for you to do is to try one or two things to put yourself out there online or offline and start to share and connect with those you either want to serve or partner with in pursuing your purpose.
2. BUILD RELATIONSHIPS: Building connections and relationships is absolutely essential in pursuing your purpose, passion, and calling. When it comes to relationships, I believe there are five different types that are instrumental to having on your purpose team:
- Family and Friends
- Like-Minded Purpose Pursuers
- Referral Partners
- Coaches and Mentors
- Target Market or Those You Want to Reach
Family and friends. These are the people who know you best and can be some of your greatest advocates. I’ve found that having my family and friends encourage me in the pursuit of my passions has been one of the main reasons I am still here going after it. They have also been great referral partners and have referred different people to me for both coaching and essential oils.
Like-Minded Purpose Pursuers. These are the people who are going to get the ups and downs when pursuing your purpose and passion. Having those who understand and have either gone through the same thing or are going through the same thing (such as late nights working on that blog post or sharing about your products with others and people choosing to buy or not to buy) is really going to give you the encouragement you need to keep going and know that you’re not crazy! Pursuing your passions and purpose is hard stuff and takes a lot of perseverance, so having others to journey with will give you the morale you need to keep going.
Referral Partners. These are people who love what you do and will refer others to you. Having a network of people who have a different network than you is instrumental in getting your message out there and the purpose you feel called to. Think through some people who truly believe in the purpose you are pursuing and ask them if they will refer people to you! And if you don’t have any of those people yet, think of a few people or organizations who have a similar mission or purpose to you and set up a meeting to share with them what you do!
Coaches and Mentors. These are the people who have been there and/or can mentor you and hold you accountable in the particular purpose and calling you are pursuing. For me, having mentors in the health and wellness field, business field, leadership field, spiritual field, and more has helped guide me to develop both personally and professionally. Having coaches in those areas as well, especially my business coach, has helped me move forward in my purpose and business. It’s because of the great coaches and mentors in my life that I now offer purpose and business coaching in addition to health coaching 🙂
Target Market. Target market simply means those who you are trying to reach or serve through your purpose. For me, my target market is women who are ready to shift from a place of discouragement and disappointment to empowerment and victory in their health, purpose, business and life. It’s women who are ready to take action and grab hold of the health, purpose, business and life they have always dreamed of and deserve. I’ve built relationships with these women at the gym I go to, church, organizations I’ma part of, through my workshops and classes, online in my facebook groups and more! I’m always looking for opportunities to build relationships to serve and care for these women.
3. SERVE & GIVE VALUE: From the very beginning, approach your purpose and what you feel called to out of a heart of service and value. Regardless if the purpose you are pursuing is for profit or not, do not think about what people can do for you – think about what you can do for them. I’m not perfect at this by any means but I can tell that when I choose to serve and give value to my target market and those I’m trying to reach out of a heart of service, value, and love, it turns out much better for both of us! Trust that the seeds you have sown will come back and reap you the harvest you desire.
4. INVITE DEEPER: When it comes to promoting your purpose, you must call people to action and invite them to go deeper on their journey with you. If you are a coach, invite them to your services. If you are a blogger, invite them to your blog post or product. If you are a minister, invite them to a specific way to grow in their relationship with God. Every piece of content you put out there or conversation you say should invite someone to go deeper on their journey either with you or in some other way. Information is great, but without action, it merely stays information instead of being transformed into a new reality for the person who hears it.
What is your next step?
Over the past 6 parts of this series, we have gone on a journey, haven’t we? We have looked at:
- Introduction to the series
- Discovering who you are as a person
- Owning your passions
- Maximizing your potential
- Pushing through your fear
- Creating a purpose plan
And today, crafting a promotional plan for your purpose.
Yet, even with all of the videos, worksheets, and tips to help you move forward in your purpose, you may still feel like you don’t know what is the best next step to take.
And just know this – that’s normal. You aren’t alone! There are so many options out there and it can just be hard at times to figure out what’s the next best step.
What I have found to be incredibly helpful in catalyzing me forward in my purpose and calling is a coach. My coach has helped me gain clarity, confidence, strategy, and has just even encouraged me on this purpose journey.
And I would LOVE to do the same for you.
If you are a woman who knows deep within your heart that you were made for more and want to find out what that more is, I would love to talk with you. I have a 90 Minute Coaching Session and a 3 Month Coaching Session that may just be the fit for you on this journey.
You were made for so much more and your purpose is worth sharing with the world. Let’s move forward together and see that dream of yours become reality and the people you are meant to impact, be blessed.
Ready! Set! Go 🙂
P.S. Be sure to also join the Women of Health and Purpose Community for a community of women who are caring for themselves and also pursuing their purpose.