What’s funny is as I write this, I feel deeply called to practice what I preach.
You see, I know what it’s like to discover and pursue your purpose. I know what it’s like to realize that what you are spending most of your hours doing, you are not passionate about. I know what it’s like to find that one thing that makes your heart awaken with passion and joy and to step out in faith to pursue it and find some success in it.
But friend, I also know what it’s like to have to wait for the visions and dreams you have for your career and purpose to come to fruition.
I know what it’s like to sow seeds upon seeds and wait for the harvest.
I know what it’s like to give all you have and own, patiently process, and patiently wait to receive.
But you want to know what else? It is in this processing and act of patience that we begin to see that LASTING success in the things we are pursuing take both action AND time.
So, as we wrap up this 7 part series around catalyzing your purpose, I want to share with you seven different tips to learning to process, be patient, and wait for the work you are doing in moving forward in your purpose, to come to fruition.
1.WRITE OUT YOUR PURPOSE STATEMENT AND GOALS: If you haven’t yet checked out Part 5 of the series, definitely do so! There I shared more on creating a purpose plan and getting clear on your end goal. The idea is for you to get really clear on what you want to accomplish and when you want to accomplish it! Make it specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely. And then, share that goal or statement with others and put it in a place that you can see each day.
For me, I know that one of my purposes is to empower women to be healthy and thrive in all areas of their lives, including their holistic health, purpose, business and more. In the beginning stages of my business, I knew very early on that I wanted to live out that purpose full time, as my career and vocation. So, back in November 2015, I told my friends that by December 2016, I would leave my accounting job and be full time with my business. And in January 2017, one month later, I did just that.
How? I got very clear on my goal and made sure I took steps daily to move towards it.
2. VISUALIZE YOUR GOAL: Every day when I wake up, I take time to visualize what it would be and feel like to accomplish my major dream, purpose, and goal for my business of creating a community and network of women who are pursuing their passions, calling, business ideas and caring for one another and for others in the process.
Every day I picture that so that when I move throughout my day, all the actions I take in my business are aligned with that end goal. This helps keep me on track and helps me to see that I am moving forward each day towards that goal. And you must do the same. Wake up each morning and visualize what it would feel like, and even write it out! This will help you move forward, even when the days are hard and the going gets tough
3. RENEW YOUR MIND DAILY & GET SUPPORT: Our thoughts have the power to propel us forward or hold us back. I’ve shared A LOT about mindset here on the blog as well as in the Women of Health and Purpose group over the last few months because I truly believe in the power of our thoughts. One of the best ways to renew your mind daily is with truth – truth of who you are, truth of who God is, truth of your purpose and calling, and truth that success is at your fingertips. Encourage yourself! There will be times when no one else is around you and you have to run to God and to yourself for encouragement.
Another way to renew your mind is to get support. This support can be in the form of an accountability partner, friends and family to encourage you, reading personal development books, and even getting a coach and mentor who can coach you through this process and REMIND you of the steps you are taking and how you are moving forward.
4. TAKE ACTION STEPS DAILY: Once you’re clear on your goal and visualize it, you must do at least one thing each day to help you move towards it. It could be reading up on your area of passion and focus, building connections and a network, reaching out to potential clients or individuals you can serve, or even or even taking time to rest and reflect. Whatever it is, commit to one action step each day to move towards that goal.
For me, one way I remind myself that I am taking steps daily is to reflect each morning on different tasks I completed, connections I made, or wins that happened the day before. I have a gratitude and reflection planner where I write these wins down on the day that it happened. So that each week and each month, I can reflect and celebrate on what has happened – which is tip #5!
5. REFLECT AND CELEBRATE: Take time to reflect on all you have done and are doing and celebrate each win. This is something I’ve had to train myself to do and even my clients. We can become so focused on the end goal at times that we forget to see all the small accomplishments we have made a long the way. Practically celebrate! Go to the movies, get yourself some new clothes, whatever way you want to treat yourself, do it. It will not only encourage you but motivate you to keep going.
6. DON’T QUIT: You were created with a beautiful purpose and one that only you can do. Whatever goal or dream you have for your life or what you want to do when you walk outside of those doors and enter the “real world,” you CAN do it. But you must repeat that truth daily and know that when you develop a mind of success and possibilities, quitting and impossibilities are no longer an option.
- BE STILL AND WAIT ON THE LORD: In Psalm 27, the psalmist calls us to wait on the Lord. God has perfect timing and will bring forth everything in its right time. It is not for us to determine when we want this or that. Yes, we must have faith and believe it will come to us, but God is ultimately in control. And He is a good God! His timing and plan is always perfect and always right. And if you aren’t a Christian, know this – you still have to be still and wait. Just because we want something to go a certain way, doesn’t mean it will or even should go that way. Everything takes places as it should and we can only do so much. We must do our part, and trust that the rest will come.
That concludes the 7 parts to this series! It’s been such a joy to journey with you in discovering, pursuing and thriving in your beautiful, unique purpose.
I would LOVE to continue to support you 1:1 on your purpose journey.
To learn more about the different programs and packages offer, visit my purpose coaching packages >>HERE<< and be sure to book a discovery call so you can get the support you need to catalyze you into your unique and needed purpose in this world.