Toxins are everywhere and are impossible to hide from.
With the rise of industrialization and the rapid and massive production of products, many times the products we think are natural simply aren’t because some sort of synthetic chemical has been added to it to be able to mass produce the products at a cheaper cost.
So, what then happens is that since the product is not purely natural and does not cost the manufacturers a whole lot to make, they can sell it for us for cheaper. But, at a great cost because although we are paying less for the product, we are also getting a lower quality product filled with artificial and synthetic components.
However, toxins don’t just come from man-made products or foods – they also come from things like stress, lack of sleep,
Although this may not seem like a big deal or something to care about, it is. When our bodies are overloaded with toxins, our systems don’t function properly and leave us vulnerable to illnesses and even diseases.
Therefore, it’s important that we do whatever we can to reduce our toxic load through what we put IN our bodies and what we put ON our bodies.
We will do that in this part of the series by looking at three common problems and solutions to toxins, and ten different essential oils that can help you both prevent and eliminate toxins from your body.
3 COMMON PROBLEMS OF TOXINS
1. STORED TOXINS: Most of the toxins we encounter are stored in the fat cells of our bodies (and the same with animals)! This is why when you detox and you lose fat, you feel a lot better and typically have more energy. You not only have less weight and less fat, you also have fewer toxins in your system.
2. CHRONIC INFLAMMATION: Inflammation occurs when your body encounters something that is harmful to it and tries to fight it off. Inflammation mobilizes your immune system to prevent injury, illness, and initiate recovery. The issue becomes when you are chronically or systematically inflamed. Your immune system becomes so busy trying to fight off that one thing that is causing you inflammation that it doesn’t have the capacity to fight off other harmful things to your body (such as toxins), leaving you vulnerable and more susceptible to other illnesses.
3. DECREASED PROFESS EFFICIENCY: Toxins decrease the efficiency of all of your body’s systems such as your nervous system, respiratory system, digestive system, etc. And when our systems aren’t functioning properly, we not only feel worse but it leads our bodies again – susceptible to illnesses and other health concerns.
Therefore, taking care of your health is WAY bigger than just eating, exercise, stress management, and sleep. Taking care of your health MUST include you making it a priority to reduce your toxic load.
Read on below to learn how you can do that in three simple ways as well as which essential oils can help you.
3 COMMON SOLUTIONS TO TOXINS
1. DETOXES: Detoxes are very popular and when people think about detoxes, they often think about juice detoxes. However, in my personal experience, one of the most efficient detoxes I’ve done is where I have focused one eating whole, real foods and have worked to eliminate problematic food and toxins in preservatives. The program I chose to do this was the Whole30 Challenge. I’ve helped many of my clients through this program and am so passionate about it! To learn more about the Whole30, you can read more about it on my blog posts >>HERE<<. To get 1:1 support around doing the Whole30, check out my new coaching package around Whole30 >>HERE<<.
2. WATER: We all know it’s important to drink water. Reason why? Water flushes out your organs, kidneys, and bodies and eliminates toxins and wastes from our bodies. It gets rid of anything our bodies do not need and isn’t good for it. Water is DEFINITELY something you want to make sure you are drinking enough of each day, so I recommend always having a water bottle around so that you can be sipping it throughout the day.
3. NATURAL CLEANING, HYGIENE PRODUCTS, AND ORGANIC FOOD: We will talk about these more below but one of the best ways to reduce your toxic load is by using more natural cleaning and hygiene products as well as eating organic or local food. I’ve noticed that women are the ones that tend to expose themselves to these products the most as we tend to use a lot of different products on our hair, skin while cleaning, etc. In a blog post, I did back in November around natural solutions for skin and hair care, I mentioned that a woman can use up to 500 chemicals on her body each day! Crazy, right? So it’s INCREDIBLY important that women especially start to find natural solutions for their personal hygiene products.
Starting with using some of the essential oils below!
10 ESSENTIAL OILS TO REDUCE TOXIC LOAD
1. LEMON: This is a GREAT oil for cleansing your body of toxins both internally, aromatically and topically! I use it in my water daily to cleanse my inside as well as use it with Melaleuca with lemon to clean!
2. MELALEUCA: This oil is known for it’s cleansing properties and its antiseptic nature that helps cleanse the skin, protect against environmental threats and promote a healthy immune function. I love using this oil in coconut oil on my skin, as well as when cleaning!
3. OREGANO: Anti-almost everything! Anti-fungal, Anti-viral, and Anti-bacterial. SUCH a great oil to use to cleanse but also when feeling sick. I use this in a capsule daily to ward off sickness and boost my immune system. This oil is a “hot oil” and is quite strong! So be sure to use a little bit at a time if not using a capsule.
4. ON GUARD: doTERRA’s protective blend, is designed to boost your immune system and help you feel well over all. It’s an oil you can take internally, aromatically, or topically. You can even clean with this oil!
5. FRANKINCENSE: This oil is a beautiful one! With it’s regenerative qualities, it’s a great oil to use on your skin to help moisturize, reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks, improve your immune system and cellular health and so much more. I use this oil daily either in a capsule internally or in coconut oil on my skin.
6. LAVENDER: Although most people know lavender as a calming oil for their emotions and sleep, it’s also a great oil for sunburns, burns, and scars! I tend to use this oil in coconut oil on my skin as well!
7. GERANIUM: It’s a flower, but such a beautiful oil! I use this as a deodorant as the scent actually comes out more when you sweat! It’s known for it’s beautifying properties and the oil promotes healthy glowing skin and hair! And did you know, it’s also good to help repel insects? Yep, this one is a keeper!
8. PURIFY: Known as the cleansing blend, this oil blend is perfect for purifying the air and eradicating odors! This blend contains lemon peel, lime peel, Siberian fir needle, Austrian fir needle, pine needle, citronella grass, melaleuca leaf, and cilantro herb essential oils. My husband and I use this when washing our laundry, cleaning the bathroom and when something in the kitchen is sizzling a bit too much!
9. ZENDOCRINE: Known as the detoxification blend, this oil contains many great cleansing oils such as geranium, tangerine, juniper berry, rosemary, and cilantro. This oil blend helps cleanse the body and organs of free radicals and toxins. This oil can be used aromatically, topically or internally but be careful with topically as a lot of these oils are “hot oils” and your skin can be sensitive to this. So when applying topically, be sure to use a carrier oil like coconut oil.
10. IMMORTELLE: Known as the anti-aging blend, this oil is AMAZING for reducing the appearance of blemishes, scars, aging and helping you look and feel young again! This blend contains frankincense resin, Hawaiian sandalwood, lavender flower, myrrh resin, Helichrysum flower, and rose flower essential oils. I use this oil often with the HD Clear Facial System lotion after washing my face and it always leaves me feeling refreshed and with smoother skin.
(P.S. For the month of June, Immortelle is actually FREE for all orders over 200 PV! So if you are interested in this blend, be sure to let me know by leaving a comment below!)
ARE YOU READY TO REDUCE YOUR TOXIC LOAD?
If you are ready to reduce your toxic load, I would love to support you in that!
Here are a few ways I can do that:
- HEALTH COACHING: If reducing your toxic load through finding a way of eating that is healthy, sustainable, and cuts out the toxins, I would love to support you through health coaching!
I offer 1:1 health coaching packages that range from 90-minute sessions to 3-month coaching packages. If that is something you are interested in, feel free to check out my health coaching programs >>HERE<< and then book a call for us to talk about what it would be like to work together.
2. ESSENTIAL OILS CONSULTATION: If you are interested in trying essential oils, feel free to check out some of our online and offline classes by visiting my class page >>HERE<<. However, if you would like to talk 1:1, I would love to talk more with you about it! Feel free to find a time in my calendar to book a call >>HERE<<.
Take charge of your health today! Through applying these practical steps above and using essential oils as a natural solution for your health, you will begin to get the body you want naturally by reducing your toxic load!
Leave a comment and let me know if you have any questions at all!
P.S. Be sure to join my Women of Health and Purpose Facebook group, all about supporting women in moving from a place of defeat and discouragement in their health, purpose and life, to a place of victory and empowerment! Join us >>HERE<<.